This video demonstrates how to throw a simple clay pot: a flattened salt holder. In order to throw this simple clay pottery piece, you will need: clay, a pottery wheel, and water. Begin by placing a small amount of clay on a wheel. While it is spinning moisten the clay. Force the clay up into a tower. Keep the clay and your hands moist. When it is smooth and even, place your thumbs over the top of it and press down. As you press down and a hole begins to form, slowly stretch it out a tiny bit. It should be slightly wider. Now, force it up into a tower again. This time, it will have a hollowed out center. Keep it moistened on the interior and exterior. Continue to work with it. It should resemble a tumbler. Widen it. You should now be shaping it into a vase, by widening it at the bottom and creating a lip at the top. When you are satisfied with it, let it dry a bit. Clean it up, on the wheel, by using an edging tool. Flatten it, by dropping it onto a hard surface. Allow to dry and cure.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades